Call 24/7 to Book a Free Consultation (732) 709-7757

NJ 39:4-99. Exceeding maximum speed.

Defending NJ 39:4-99.  Exceeding maximum speed.

After you read the following NJ Criminal Statute (Exceeding maximum speed) you may decide that you need the help of a lawyer, or need a legal interpretation of how this statute applies to your case.  The firm of Villani & DeLuca has experienced criminal lawyers with over 20 years of experience, including a former municipal prosecutor.  Call the number above for a free 24×7 phone consultation or read more about the motor vehicle charge.

NJ Statute: 39:4-99.  Exceeding speed limitations; speed specified in charge.

It shall be prima facie unlawful for a person to exceed any of the foregoing  speed limitations or any speed limitation in effect as established by authority  of section 39:4-98 of this Title.
In every charge of violation of section 39:4-98 of this Title, the complaint  and the summons or notice to appear, shall specify the speed at which the  defendant is alleged to have driven and the speed which this article declares  shall be prima facie lawful at the time and place of the alleged violation.
Amended by L.1951, c. 23, p. 88, s. 56.

Points for speeding?

If you or somebody you know is charged with exceeding maximum speed, they are subject to up to 5 points on their drivers license. A driver will receive a different amount in regards to how far over the speed limit they were driving when pulled over. Depending on how many points one already has, they might be subject to license suspension. Click here for a list of point related suspensions, or here for point amounts for all traffic violations. 

AKA: NJ Criminal Charge 39:4-99, Violation 39:4-99, Offense 39:4-99

Disclaimer: A copy of this statute has been provided for your information. This wording was current from the NJ website as of August 2012.

Contact Us Today

Villani & DeLuca, P.C. is committed to answering your questions about Divorce & Family Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, and DWI & Traffic Law issues in New Jersey. We offer a Free Consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.