Call 24/7 to Book a Free Consultation (732) 709-7757

Providing Alcohol to Minors

Providing Alcohol to Minors is a Disorderly Persons Offense

Providing Alcohol to Minors Lawyer

Any person who offers or makes available an alcoholic beverage to a person under the legal drinking age of 21 can be charged with a disorderly persons offense. In fact, merely encouraging an underage person to drink alcohol is enough to face a charge for providing alcohol to minors under N.J. Statute 2C:33-17. This means that permitting underage teenagers to host a party involving alcohol at your home can result in a disorderly persons offense on your criminal record and potentially up to six months in jail. Outside of your home, undercover New Jersey police officers are often stationed in and around liquor stores to catch underage purchasers and adults who attempt to provide alcohol to underage drinkers.

Call An Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney Today

Villani & DeLuca, P.C. attorneys have significant experience in defending against criminal municipal court charges. If you have been charged with providing alcohol to minors, call (732) 709-7757 today for a free initial consultation. An experienced criminal law attorney will be able to discuss your charges with you in detail and answer any questions you may have. Villani & DeLuca regularly represents clients throughout Monmouth County and Ocean County.

Contact Us Today

Villani & DeLuca, P.C. is committed to answering your questions about Divorce & Family Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, and DWI & Traffic Law issues in New Jersey. We offer a Free Consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.