Manchester Divorce Lawyer

Manchester Divorce Lawyer

Manchester Divorce Lawyer

Manchester Township, known as the site of the infamous Hindenburg Disaster, was incorporated in 1864 from portions of Dover Township, now known as Toms River.  The township encompasses an area of 82.694 square miles, and completely surrounds the borough of Lakehurst.  In March 2014, Manchester was the site of a divorce seminar presented by the Ocean Vicinage Legal Research and Information Center.  The seminar’s goal was to inform Ocean County residents on the divorce process, including where and how to file for divorce, and what to expect at a divorce hearing.  Although such seminars are an excellent source of information, they cannot provide legal advice specific to your own situation.  Even an uncontested divorce can have many complex issues, such as the valuation of a business or retirement accounts.  Speaking with a Manchester divorce lawyer can ensure that your interests are protected during and after the divorce.

Getting Child Support in Manchester

My Spouse and I Have Recently Separated. How Do I Get Child Support?

In New Jersey, a parent can seek child support by filing a support application with the family court in his or her county of residence. For Manchester residents, an application for child support can be obtained from the Ocean County Superior Court.

My Spouse is Not Keeping Up with Child Support Obligation. How Can the Courts Help?

If the non-custodial parent refuses to pay child support or fails to keep up with his or her obligations, there are several remedies courts may utilize. If the non-custodial parent is employed, the court may require that deductions be made from his or her paycheck. Outstanding payments may also be subtracted from the non-custodial parent’s tax return. Finally, the court may execute on the non-custodial parent’s personal property, like cars, homes, boats, or bank accounts.

How Long Does it Take to Receive Child Support Payments?

The answer depends on the circumstances of the divorce or separation, and the kind of support that is being sought. However, it usually takes 90 days or less to establish a support order. Usually, payments will begin approximately two weeks after entry of the order.

Where Do I File for Divorce in Manchester?

New Jersey law requires that the filing spouse (plaintiff) file for divorce in the county where the grounds provided for the divorce actually happened. However, if the plaintiff spouse was abandoned for over one year, then he or she may file in the county of his or her residence. If the plaintiff spouse lived outside of New Jersey at the time the marriage first began to dissolve, then he or she may file in the family division of the New Jersey county where he or she presently lives. For Ocean County residents, this is the Family Division of the Ocean County Superior Court, located in Toms River.

What Information Must I Include in my Complaint When I File for Divorce?

A spouse must file a complaint with the county court which states that a divorce is being sought, as well as the grounds on which it is being sought. Along with the complaint, the plaintiff must provide a filing letter to the court, a certification of insurance, a certification of notification of complementary dispute resolution (simply stating that he is aware he can go to mediation) a family part case information statement, and a confidential litigant information sheet.

Collaborative Divorce Attorney in Manchester, NJ

What is a Collaborative Divorce?

For most spouses, divorce can be an extremely stressful process. Negotiating the terms of the divorce outside of the courtroom may help to lessen the stress. Collaborative divorce is a non-adversarial process by which spouses settle the terms of the divorce outside the court, through the help of lawyers.

Is a Collaborative Divorce Right for Me?

While the collaborative divorce process offers advantages like privacy and cost, it is not for every couple. Spouses must be willing to negotiate and work towards a settlement before the process begins.

Call the Experienced Family Lawyers of Villani & DeLuca

The law firm of Villani & DeLuca, P.C. has a significant amount of experience assisting clients with family issues in Manchester Township. Call (732) 965-3350 today for a free initial consultation to discuss your issue with a Villani & DeLuca Manchester divorce lawyer.