Carmine R. Villani, Esq.
Partner & Founder
Areas of Concentration
- Criminal Defense – Indictable Offenses
- Municipal Court Matters – DWI/DUI, Motor Vehicle Violations, Disorderly Persons Offenses, Ordinance Violations
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders
- Land Use – Variances, Site Plans & Sub Divisions
Carmine R. Villani, Partner, founded Villani & DeLuca, P.C. over 20 years ago with law school friend, Vincent C. DeLuca. Since then, the firm has grown in stature and reputation in criminal defense with Mr. Villani serving as managing partner.
Mr. Villani has been practicing law since 1992, serving as an associate attorney for Ansell Zaro Bennett & Grimm, P.C. and McLaughlin Bennett Gelson & Cramer, P.C. before founding Villani & DeLuca in 1996. Mr. Villani has a wealth of experience in New Jersey criminal defense, having served as municipal prosecutor and municipal public defender in numerous municipalities in Ocean County and Monmouth County throughout his legal career.
Outside criminal defense, Mr. Villani is trained on the Alcotest® breathalyzer, drug recognition expert (DRE) evaluation, and standardized field sobriety testing (SFST) to better serve clients facing DWI/DUI and refusal charges in municipal court.
Carmine has been a lifetime resident of Ocean County, New Jersey. When not practicing law, Carmine enjoys spending time with his family on the waters of the Jersey Shore.
- Admitted to the New Jersey State Bar and Federal District Court Bar in 1992
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL OF LAW, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctorate Degree, May 1992
- Honors: 1992 New England Scholar Award for Academic Achievement
- Activities: While in law school, Mr. Villani gained tremendous experience as a Student Prosecutor at the Massachusetts Office of the District Attorney Boston, MA. In 1991, Mr. Villani was a research assistant to Professor Alan M. Dershowitz, Harvard Law School.
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, double major in Economics and Communications May 1989
- Activities: President of Beta Theta Pi fraternity
Partner, Villani & DeLuca, P.C. (November 1996 – present)
- Attended a seminar in January 2016 on “Cannabis and Cars: What You Need to Know to Defend a Marijuana DUI Case,” hosted by the National College for DUI Defense. This is the first conference of its type in the nation.
- Attended a seminar at Harvard Law School hosted by the NCDD (National College for DUI Defense): “Persuading with Professionalism” from July 23 through July 25, 2015.
- Attended three seminars in July 2015 in Toms River through the NJCLES Garden State CLE. The NJCLES (New Jersey Continuing Legal
- Education Services, LLC) is approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey as an accredited provider of CLE credits in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Instructed a CLE seminar at the New Jersey DWI Institute, “Understanding the Breath Test Refusal Charge: Elements and Consequences” in July 2014.
- Public Defender in the Township of Colts Neck from 2000 through to the present.
- Conflict Public Defender in the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach from 2002 through 2009.
- Public Defender for the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach from January 2006 through January 2007.
- Villani has also served on the District IIIA Attorney Ethics Committee as a Member, Investigator, Presenter and Panel Chairperson during his tenure from 2002 through 2005.
- From January 2002 through January 2005, Mr. Villani served as Zoning Board of Adjustment Attorney in the Township of Brick.
- In 2004, Mr. Villani was appointed Special Counsel to the Berkeley Township MUA.
- Conflict Public Defender in the Township of Barnegat from 1999 through 2003.
- Conflict Pool Attorney in the Township of Brick from 1998 through 2002.
- Conflict Public Defender in the Township of Brick from 1998 through 2002.
- Villani also has gained a wealth of experience in criminal law matters serving as Municipal Prosecutor in the Borough of Keansburg from July 1, 1999 through July 1, 2000.
- Public Defender in the Borough of Keansburg from July 1998 through July 1999.
- Villani is also a former Monmouth County Joint Insurance Fund Attorney defending Monmouth County Liquor License/ABC.
- In November 1996, Carmine R. Villani and Vincent C. DeLuca founded the law firm of Villani & DeLuca, P.C.
Associate Attorney, McLaughlin Bennett Gelson & Cramer, P.C. (January 1996 – October 1996)
From January 1996 through October 1996, Mr. Villani was an Associate Attorney at McLaughlin Bennett Gelson & Cramer, P.C., Wall, New Jersey, where he was Acting Municipal Prosecutor in the Township of Colts Neck. Additionally, Mr. Villani’s practice during this time concentrated in civil and criminal litigation; and residential and commercial real estate transactions.
Associate Attorney, Ansell Zaro Bennett & Grimm, P.C. (December 1992 – January 1996)
From December 1992 through January 1996, Mr. Villani was an Associate Attorney at Ansell Zaro Bennett & Grimm, P.C., Eatontown, New Jersey. During this time Mr. Villani served as Associate Township Attorney for the Borough of Sayreville, Township of Hazlet, and Township of Marlboro; Associate Bond Counsel for the Borough of Seaside Heights and a Member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Furthermore, Mr. Villani’s practice concentrated in civil litigation, and residential and commercial real estate.
Adjunct Professor, Brookdale Community College (1993 – 1994)
From 1993 through 1994, Mr. Villani taught at Brookdale Community College as an Adjunct Professor in the Legal Studies Program.