In the unfortunate event that an individual or a consumer has been injured by a defective product, they may be entitled to pursue a cause of action against the product’s manufacturer and the vendor who sold the product. These types of lawsuits are known as product liability claims. Product liability injuries are quite common and affect hundreds of thousands of individuals throughout the United States on a yearly basis. Common product liability cases include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Automobile product liability, such as unsafe tires, airbags and defective design. For example, Ford Motor Vehicle Company has been the subject of many product liability lawsuits as a result of defective tires and rollover accidents. Some Ford Explorers that were constructed towards the end of the 20th century were equipped with tires that were subsequently found to be defective. As a result of the defective tires, numerous people were injured and unfortunately killed.
- Chemical products liability. Some examples include asbestos, benzene, Freon and ethylene glycol.
- Design defects. Certain General Electric products have contained a defect that causes them to catch on fire. Rheem water heaters have also be found to be defective due to causing fires or premature failure. Certain Kenmore ovens and ranges have also been reported to catch on fire and were subject to litigation.
- Food products liability. Often, food product liability is the result of food that is either mishandled or served spoiled as a result of improper care of the food, due to storage, shipping or processing.
- Lead poisoning. Over 80% of the world’s toys are produced in China. Unfortunately, recent litigation has proven that a number of the toys manufactured in China contain excess levels of lead. Fisher Price toys has issued massive recalls due to this issue. Toys R Us recalled approximately 30,000 Imaginarium wooden coloring cases in 2007 as a result of lead contamination.
- Machine malfunctioning
- Manufacturer defects
- Problems with heavy equipment products, such as hydraulic power tools, hydraulic lifts, drills, torches, tables saws, grinders, punch presses and forklifts
- Toxic chemicals in toys and baby equipment, such as cribs, playpens and high chairs
Call a New Jersey Product Liability Attorney Immediately!
If you have suffered harm as a result of a faulty or defective product, it is important that you get the compensation you deserve. Speaking with a New Jersey Product Liability Attorney should be your first step after receiving medical attention, if required. An experienced personal injury lawyer will conduct a thorough examination to determine which entities may be responsible for your resulting injury.
Who May be at Fault for a Product Liability Injury?
The Product Liability Attorney at Villani & DeLuca routinely retain expert engineers to carefully review the product in question to determine if it was in fact defective. Often times, an individual who has been injured by a defective product will be able to file a lawsuit against multiple defendants, including the designer of the product, the distributor of the product, the product’s manufacturer and the actual retail facility where the product was sold.
There are numerous variations of product liability lawsuits. One basis for a suit of this type is when a company fails to provide adequate instructions or warnings about the dangers of a product’s use. These marketing defects can cause injury to an individual by way of misusing the product. Companies that create and market products have what is known as a “duty of care” to warn consumers and individuals of any hazards that may result from the use of their products. They also have a duty to protect them from any harm that is viewed as being avoidable. In order to be successful in a product liability lawsuit, the plaintiff has the burden of proving that the defendant companies created a defective product and, as a result of that defect, an injury was caused to the plaintiff.
Were You Injured by a Defective Product? Call Us Today!
In the event that you are injured by a defective product, you should immediately contact a New Jersey Product Liability Attorney. The attorney will be able to assist you in determining whether or not you will be likely to recover damages for your pain and suffering, lost wages, future medical expenses or loss of consortium as a result of your injury.
The New Jersey Product Liability Attorneys at Villani & DeLuca have experience in this complicated area of the law. Please call today to schedule your free initial consultation regarding your accidental injury that has been caused by a dangerous or defective product. Our attorneys will not collect any legal fees for your representation unless they get compensation for you!
Villani & DeLuca currently has 3 locations within Ocean and Monmouth Counties. The offices are conveniently located in Point Pleasant Beach, Wall Township and Freehold Township, New Jersey. The personal injury attorneys at Villani & DeLuca are available to assist victims and their families throughout New Jersey.