Click on any of these links to learn more about the advantages of hiring a Villani & DeLuca attorney to defend your DWI/DUI or motor vehicle charge:
- Alcotest® and DRE Certified DWI Attorney
- Vast Municipal Court Experience
- Extensive Education & Training
- We are Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Alcotest® and DRE Certified DWI Attorney
Partner Carmine Villani, Esq. is one of less than 50 New Jersey DWI attorneys trained to operate the Alcotest® device which is currently used to calculate the blood alcohol content (BAC) of New Jersey motorists suspected of drunk driving. Mr. Villani is familiar with the proper procedures, calibration and maintenance of the very sensitive new technology, which is advantageous to the defense of a DWI charge.
Additionally, Mr. Villani has been trained on the proper evaluation of a drunk driving case when the evidence is based off a drug recognition expert (DRE) evaluation. As DRE arrests are growing throughout New Jersey, it is crucial that DWI lawyers are knowledgeable of the current DRE procedures, training curriculum and methods to challenge such evidence.
Vast Municipal Court Experience
Even though disorderly persons offenses are not indictable crimes, a conviction can have an impact on your criminal record and employment. Villani & DeLuca attorneys have an appreciation for this and defend their clients in Ocean County and Monmouth County municipal courts just as aggressively as they do when a client is faced with an indictable offense in Superior Court. The defense attorneys at Villani & DeLuca have years of valuable experience defending motor vehicle charges, DWI/DUI, town ordinance violations and disorderly persons offenses.
Extensive Education & Training
Villani & DeLuca DWI/DUI and traffic law attorneys keep up with New Jersey laws and the legal practice by regularly attending CLE (continuing legal education) seminars and training throughout the area. Below is a list of some of the courses they have attended in recent years.
- Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI Cases
- 2014 DWI Institute (Presenter)
- New Jersey Rules of Evidence in Drunk Driving Cases
- Forensic Toxicology for Attorneys 2013: Alcohol, Drugs & How to Use an Expert
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Drug Evaluation and Classification Program (DRE) Overview
- “Son of Chun”: The Short Life and Sudden Death of the Alcotest® 7110 in New Jersey
- New Jersey DWI Blood Cases Following Missouri v. McNeely
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) for Legal Professionals
- Beat the Machine – Excluding Alcotest® Evidence in a DWI Case
- Automobile Searches for Drugs, Guns, Money, Beer and More Drugs
- Medical Issues & Requirements for Medical Defenses in Breath Test Cases
- Make the Government Put-Up or Shut-Up – Using an Expert Pretrial to Puncture the State's Secret Science Veil
- Applying Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST) Science in the Courtroom
- Analysis of Drugs in Urine and Blood: Sample Preparation, Liquid Chromatography Testing for Drugs
- Breaking Down a Breath Test
- Laboratory Quality Issues in Blood Alcohol Testing
- Ignition Interlock Devices: Moving from Science to Reality
- Drug Recognition Evaluation: What Lawyers Need to Know About the Government Program
- Gas Chromatography for Lawyers: Understanding How it Works
- Mass Spectrometry for Lawyers: Understanding How it Works
- Intoxication by Drugs (Blood & Urine) – Why Levels are Not Like Alcohol
- Pharmacology of Drugs (Blood & Urine) – Differences with Alcohol
- Electrochemistry 101 – The Basis for Fuel Cell Devices
- Examples of Problem Chromatograms: Finding What Ethically Helps the Case
- Alcotest® Trial
- DWI and Criminal Law Annual Review – 2012
We are Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
The attorneys of Villani & DeLuca pride themselves on providing each client with personal attention in analyzing the unique facts of each case to offer the most effective representation under the particular circumstances. A lawyer is available 24×7 to discuss your DWI charge. Call (732) 709-7757 to schedule a free initial consultation today.