Q) Will the court make any temporary decisions?
A) It is necessary, the court can make temporary decisions concerning:
- custody of minor children
- alimony and child support
- who will live in the home that you and your spouse shared
- the sale of property to ensure payments of support and/or to protect a spouse’s equitable distribution share in the property
- visitation rights for the spouse who doesn’t have physical custody of the children
- any other temporary orders at the request of a spouse or because the judge believes it will be in the best interest of justice