Q) What will a lawyer talk about during the first conference?
A) In most cases, a lawyer will discuss several topics, including
- the possibility of resolving your marital difficulties through counseling
- assisting you as a parent in meeting your children’s needs throughout the divorce process
- the process of dissolving the marriage by divorce
- financial matters involving child support, alimony, real estate and personal property
- legal rights of the parties
- court procedures
- procedures in the lawyer’s office for handling the case
- legal fees and court costs
- mediation as an alternative to litigation
- collaborative divorce as an alternative to litigation.
Next > How is a divorce started?