Jay Turnbach, Esq., Of Counsel
Areas of Concentration
- Family Law
- Child Custody & Support
- Domestic Violence
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Restraining Orders
- High Net Worth Divorces
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Divorce Arbitration
- Divorce Mediation
- Equitable Distribution of Marital Assets
- Post-Divorce Support Modification
Jay Turnbach, Of Counsel with the firm, has been practicing divorce law for over twenty-five years. Jay is Certified by the Supreme court of New Jersey as a matrimonial law attorney. Mr. Turnbach devotes the entirety of his practice to divorce and family related issues.
Mr. Turnbach serves as an Early Settlement Panelist for the Ocean County Superior Court, Family Division in Toms River, New Jersey. Jay has appeared in numerous family courts throughout the State of New Jersey during his career. The majority of Jay’s cases have been handled in the Jersey Shore area primarily Ocean and Monmouth Counties.
Mr. Turnbach has been practicing divorce law for over 25 years. Mr. Turnbach commenced his legal career by serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas E. O’Brien, J.S.C, in Ocean County Superior Court located in Toms River New Jersey.
For the past ten years prior to joining the Villani and DeLuca law firm Jay ran a very successful law practice out of Toms River, New Jersey. Jay gained a reputation as being one of the most sought-after attorneys in the Toms River area.
Mr. Turnbach has participated in numerous litigated proceedings that have resulted in published legal opinions. A few of his cases include: Leudekke v. Shobert, Peregoy v. Peragoy, Hawxhurst v. Hawsxhurst, and Shea v. Shea. In addition, Mr. Turnbach is the author of “Benefit of the Bargain,” an article published in the New Jersey Family Lawyer, which discusses the removal and relocation of children from the State of New Jersey against the wishes of a parent. He is also the author of a bi-monthly family law column in the Ocean County Woman magazine.
Mr. Tunbach resides in Manasquan, New Jersey with his wife and two daughters.
- Admitted to Practice in New Jersey 1995
- Admitted to Practice before U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and The U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY SCHOOL OF LAW, Newark, New Jersey
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
- CHRISTIAN BROTHER’S ACADEMY, Lincroft, New Jersey
- Former Judicial Family Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas E. O’Brien, J.S.C.
- Certified as a Matrimonial Law Attorney by The Supreme Court of The State of New Jersey
- Certified by the State of New Jersey Administration Office of the Courts in Mediation and Conciliation Skills
- Early Settlement Panelist to The Superior Court of New Jersey in Ocean County
- Experienced divorce and family law mediator
- Member of both the Ocean County and New Jersey State bar Associations
- Frequent Lecturer on Family Law related topics