Rumson Borough Lawyer

There are many instances where you may find yourself in need of an attorney.  It may be related to a traffic or DWI offense, a criminal matter or issues related to an impending divorce.  Whatever your situation may be, the most important thing you can do is to find a lawyer you trust early in the situation.  The attorneys at Villani & DeLuca can advise you as to the best course of action given your particular set of circumstances.

Getting a Second Offense DWI in Rumson, NJ

Field Sobriety Test 2A conviction for a second DWI offense carries some serious penalties in New Jersey.  You will lose your license for up to two years and pay fines of up to $1,000.  Additionally, you may be sentenced to up to 90 days in jail and be required to perform 30 days of community service.  You will also be required to participate in the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) program and pay the necessary fees involved.  You will be subject to the mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device for one to three years. This device is installed in your car and prevents the car’s operation if, when blown into, it registers a predetermined blood alcohol concentration.  You may also be subjected to additional fines and penalties for a second DWI conviction.

Getting a Conditional Discharge in Rumson Borough

A conditional discharge is a diversionary program that allows a first-time drug offender to avoid a drug conviction on his or her criminal record.  In New Jersey, you may apply for a conditional discharge if you have been charged with your first drug-related disorderly persons offense.  In a conditional discharge, you agree to receive supervisory treatment in exchange for a suspension of your drug charge during the conditional discharge period.  The court determines the amount of time that you are subject to supervisory treatment based on the specific facts of your case. In determining whether a first time drug offender may seek a conditional discharge, the court considers several factors, including whether the defendant poses a danger to the community and whether the supervisory treatment would be sufficient to correct the defendant’s dependence on or use of the controlled substance.  If you have been charged with your first drug-related offense, contact the experienced Rumson Municipal Court attorneys at Villani & DeLuca at (732) 965-3350 to discuss your eligibility for a conditional discharge.

Help with Distribution of Marital Assets

The equitable distribution of marital assets is the division of marital property when a marriage comes to an end.  Equitable distribution of property in New Jersey involves both personal property and real estate.  It typically does not matter whether property was acquired individually or jointly.  As long as the property was acquired during the marriage, it is subject to equitable distribution.  One exception to this is that any property received in an inheritance is excluded from equitable distribution.  The date of filing of the divorce complaint is often treated as the cutoff date for equitable distribution, meaning that any property acquired after that date is often not distributed.  If you have made the decision to get divorced, you should contact Villani & DeLuca so one of our experienced Rumson divorce attorneys can work with you to protect your rights and interests throughout the divorce process.  Call us today for a free consultation at (732) 965-3350.

Experienced Rumson Borough Attorneys

The law firm of Villani & DeLuca represents clients throughout Ocean and Monmouth Counties.  Our attorneys have a wide range of experience in the practice areas of criminal defense, family law and DWI.  If you need an attorney to assist you in a criminal matter, a divorce or other family law matter or if you need assistance with a DWI charge, you should contact an experienced Rumson Borough attorney for a free consultation by calling (732) 965-3350.